I almost wasn’t going to write about this I felt so ashamed. I was so disappointed in myself that I actually said the words “I quit.” I take it back now and I find it much more amusing than horrifying.
So what happened?
Well is started off absolutely normal, making simple chocolate chip cookies that I love that I have made many times.
It was pretty hot in the kitchen and the butter was softer than normal but things seemed like they were going as usual. I was actually letting Lena do most of the work.
When it came to making the dough into balls I knew something was off, it just felt a little too gooey but we didn’t have a lot of time and I didn’t pay it too much attention. And then we put them in the oven and the dough started to spread. Very fast and very thin. I thought that would be our only problem… but then it started to drip over, which has happened before but not to this extent. And it dripped into the area where the fire is (it’s a gas stove, I’m sure there’s a technical term for where the oven is open on the bottom) and then a little flame started, and then it spread.