Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting(I topped my strawberry jam babycakes with this)
I didn’t follow an actual recipe, but I’ll just tell you what I did for this delicious, light, and different version of a cream cheese frosting.
- 12 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3-4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 strawberries, diced up and drained (I only had 6 strawberries to work with. Also, you need to try and squeeze as much of the juices as you can out of them, so they don’t make your frosting all goopy)
Combine the butter, cream cheese and vanilla with an electric mixer, until light and fluffy. Gradually add the confectioners, a little bit at a time, wiping the bowl as necessary. Finally, add the strawberry pieces. I thought about putting them in a food processor, but I kind of wanted bigger strawberry pieces. The coloring is natural, and I love it. Because I only had a few strawberries, the taste wasn’t overwhelming, and I thought it went really well with my cupcakes.
If you make this frosting, you might want play with measurements. I have a lot of frosting left over, and that’s after decorating 30 tiny cupcakes. It’s in the fridge right now… there’s really a lot leftover and I’m trying to decide what else would be a good cake to top off with strawberry cream cheese frosting?